10.05.2008

Conference Weekend

We had a great weekend! On Friday we went down to Gardnerville, went shooting, geocaching, and went out to dinner at a great Mexican place Drew's parents found. Saturday we were able to catch the Salmon Festival up at Lake Tahoe and watched all the salmon run/spawn. It was beautiful. There were thousands of Salmon! After Tahoe we went home... we had left out kitties at home because they hate the car and we wanted to see if they were OK. When we got home Jinxy was the only one to come meet us at the door, so Drew started calling Sake. We heard this really high pitched "mewing" but we it wasn't in the living room. Drew opens the closet door and out comes Sake. Oh my gosh! Did she really spend the whole day and night locked in the closet? We're not really sure what happened, but as we left for Gardnerville we remembered our camera so I ran upstairs and grabbed the camera (out of the closet) and then dashed back out the door. She could have run in without me know it! I know I opened it, but I don't remember closing it. Sometimes the cats like to get on either side of the door and play at each others paws under the door and there's a chance that Jinx closed the door on her. Oh, poor kitty. I'm sure glad we came back when we did. On Sunday we watched Conference and then went out and did some more geocaching. Here are some pictures of our adventures!

At the shooting range in Gardnervile







Three generations!


The Salmon Festival - here are a few salmon that are paired off and spawning. They turn bright red and are pretty spectacular. Too bad they all die after they spawn.

This is Sammy the Salmon for the Salmon Festival. They had food, fish painting, information, and special activities for kids. It was fun

Geocaching in Gardnerville

We found this geocache called "Between a Rock and a Hard Place"

This is a geocache that we snagged at an Indian burial ground. It was actually kinda creepy and some pets were buried there... it reminded me of Pet Cemetery.

This week we found this cool geocoin that looks exactly like an Ipod. I think it's one of the best geocoins we've found.

This is the view of Reno from the hill where we hiked up to find a cache

Sunday afternoon geocaching


We had a great time this weekend. A lot more fun than we've had in a long time. Thursday night we also had some couples from the ward over and it was hilarious playing Catch Phrase with them. We are happy here in Reno and it's nice to be so close to family.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Oh it looks like you had a great weekend! I wish I could've been there with you. I did the fish painting the last year I was up there. I can't believe it's a real dead fish that you press paper to. And I absolutely love that picture of you guys and Mom and Dad. It's my favorite! :D

Lynette said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go geocaching, but Jared and I have no idea how to do it...I guess we have the other excuse that we're way too busy this semester...and it seems like everyone does it here...there might not be anything left.

I heart your blog, check out my blog for details!

Alycia said...

I don't even know what geocaching is, how sad is that. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun though!