6.07.2012

It Wouldn't Be The Worst Thing...

Directly from the mouth of Drew

"It wouldn't be the worst thing..."

I find myself contemplating how crazily different a man (Drew) and a woman (me) could understand such a simple statement. 
 The conversation topic: becoming pregnant (don't worry, not planning in the near future)
To which Drew said, "It wouldn't be the worst thing..."
My reaction: "WHOA! What!?"

Fundamentally when a woman hears "there are worse things...[than becoming pregnant again]" she automatically thinks/ interprets this to mean, "We could become pregnant and I wouldn't mind" OR "I'm ready to consider this as an eventuality and I am nonplussed about the possibility [of becoming pregnant again]"

Literally a man (Drew) meant "there are worse things...[than becoming pregnant]" like
your house exploding
spontaneous combustion
fire
explosions
did I mention explosions?
not having compressed air! 


We are so not ready for another kid right now, but holy cows! Back me up women out there- wouldn't you take the same comment to mean....uh... "there are worse things..."

One child is bliss right now :) 
 


No comments: