3.13.2011

CPCE

Drew had a very important test this week- the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Exam. It is a test that Drew has been preparing for his entire Masters degree. It is a national exam that basically covers anything and everything that he has learned over the last 3 years completing his degree. Needless to say it is a very important test and also determines if Drew may graduate. And thus also determines if he can work as a counselor. Drew has actually lost sleep over this test--it has really consumed his thoughts and free time for quite a while. Part of his internship that started last Fall has been hours towards studying for this test. He also had to do a recorded counseling session and a paper that was companion to the test. The exam was administered on Friday. Just two hours after it began I received a text at work that simply said, "All done. It was cake"

I am so proud of him! I knew he would do well. He won't know his official scores until the end of March or later, but I am glad that he is done and that we felt confident about the test. It is such a relief for him to be done. The next large exam he will complete is in a few weeks and it is called the National Counselor Examination. This is another important test, but not necessary for all to take. It will gain him national certification and it most cases and pay increase as well :) I don't believe Drew is as worried about that exam as he was for this one. I know he will do well!