The Juicy Details:
The Name: Both Drew and I have always agreed on two names, Kale and Asher. Over the past month I've been testing both these names with others. I see lots of patients everyday and when they hear both names I usually get a very negative response to Kale and a very positive response to Asher. Everyone loves it! It's been a great way to test drive a new name. Drew is set on the name Asher. Ashe for short. I love this name too I just want to explore all of our options before I commit, but Drew is 100% set on this name so I am sure I won't be able to convince him otherwise! I really like the name Caleb too, but we may have to save that for another boy down the road. The difficult task ahead is thinking of a good middle name to go with Asher Hines! Any suggestions?
The Nursery: I've basically headed up this one. For a long time I've decided on a whale themed nursery. Since deciding on a whale themed nursery I've broadened the idea to include anything nautical themed :) I am loving it, but it's not all that easy to find decor that I like. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I am going to try to stick to navy blue, white, and clean lines. I am so picky! Here are some of my whale/nautical themed inspirations:






Yesterday, we had an amazing opportunity to get a jump start on a good wardrobe for baby boy Hines! A store here was having a grab bag sale- as many clearance items you can stuff in a bag for $10 bucks! It was great and we ended up getting loads of newborn clothes, onesies, and some clothes for when he's a little older. We are absolutely ruined when it comes to full priced clothes and gear! We managed to stuff 27 items into one bag. It was such a steal :) Apparently they do this every 6 months so we hope we'll be able to go back again!
The Name: Both Drew and I have always agreed on two names, Kale and Asher. Over the past month I've been testing both these names with others. I see lots of patients everyday and when they hear both names I usually get a very negative response to Kale and a very positive response to Asher. Everyone loves it! It's been a great way to test drive a new name. Drew is set on the name Asher. Ashe for short. I love this name too I just want to explore all of our options before I commit, but Drew is 100% set on this name so I am sure I won't be able to convince him otherwise! I really like the name Caleb too, but we may have to save that for another boy down the road. The difficult task ahead is thinking of a good middle name to go with Asher Hines! Any suggestions?
The Nursery: I've basically headed up this one. For a long time I've decided on a whale themed nursery. Since deciding on a whale themed nursery I've broadened the idea to include anything nautical themed :) I am loving it, but it's not all that easy to find decor that I like. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I am going to try to stick to navy blue, white, and clean lines. I am so picky! Here are some of my whale/nautical themed inspirations:






Yesterday, we had an amazing opportunity to get a jump start on a good wardrobe for baby boy Hines! A store here was having a grab bag sale- as many clearance items you can stuff in a bag for $10 bucks! It was great and we ended up getting loads of newborn clothes, onesies, and some clothes for when he's a little older. We are absolutely ruined when it comes to full priced clothes and gear! We managed to stuff 27 items into one bag. It was such a steal :) Apparently they do this every 6 months so we hope we'll be able to go back again!
2 comments:
That is a cute idea for the nursery!
I'm ALWAYS up for a good Name game. =D
Asher Christian
Asher Kale (both names in one!)
Asher Caleb
Asher Robert
Asher Curtis
Asher William
Asher Wallace
Asher Shane
Asher Tyson
Asher Bruce
Asher Nathan (Nathanial?)
Asher Joseph
Asher Michael
Asher Carson
Asher Derek
Asher Evan
Asher Dylan
Asher Jackson
Asher Lewis
Ok, I'm done. I'm not entirely sure of your naming style, so I was just trying for names that flow well with Asher and Hines. =)
I love the whale theme! So cute. Awesome that you got so many clothes for such a good price. I always lament that there aren't as many cute boy clothes as there are girl clothes but I've recently decided its probably a good thing. I wouldn't be able to moderate myself buying clothes for a girl!
Post a Comment