I realized that I never blogged about Apple Hill from a long time ago, but I wanted to go back in time and dedicate this post to a very fun day at Apple Hill. Apple Hill is near Placerville, CA about a 2 hour drive from Gardnerville. It's a group of growers encompassing several farms and orchards that grow apples, pears, berries, and all sorts of produce! They sell fresh apples, cider, pies, and delicious treats. It was such a gorgeous day when we went - the same weekend as General Conference- a beautiful autumn day. I was a little over 7 weeks pregnant, but we were keeping it a secret at that time and hadn't told Drew's parents. That morning Drew's parents made us an amazing waffle and bacon breakfast and I was sweating bullets because I knew we had to drive up the mountains to get to Apple Hill. I knew the wonderful food would be wasted on me though I was so nauseous and horribly sick in the those early weeks of pregnancy I ended up throwing up everything that morning. I felt awful, but I was extremely happy that I threw up that morning. I already get car sick as it is so I was relieved that I wouldn't have anything in my stomach that I might be tempted to throw up in the car. So while everyone was stuffed and happy I was feeling nauseous and again very hungry! I had some yogurt then headed off. Julie insisted I sit in the front-it's no secret that I get motion sickness and thank heavens, but I was more grateful for the front for the nausea than car sickness.
When we got to Apple Hill I felt much better. We got out and drove around visiting several farms. We walked around and tried some delicious cider samplers at several farms, bought apples, and tried delicious cider donuts (they were amazing!), apple dumplings and visited lots of farms and markets. We packed our own lunch and had a picnic at Bolster's Farm. The best cider was there, but it wasn't til afterwards that I realized I shouldn't have had any cider since it is unpasteurized. I felt exhausted on the way home, the whole trip took a lot out of me as well as poor Bob. Bob was recovering from surgery that weekend, but he was still such a trooper. I couldn't complain! That night when we got home I was feeling feverish and I was afraid that it may have something to do with the cider. That morning I was ill and still felt feverish, but most of all I was so paranoid and worried about the health of the fetus. I asked Drew for a preisthood blessing that morning before I left for work. It was special for me and a turning point for my pregnancy. He blessed me that the pregnancy would progress normally and that I would find joy in the pregnancy. The beginning of the pregnancy I was so sick I wasn't so much joyful rather than grumbly, but I felt much better as the day went on and was able to relax a little. Since then I have always remember how Drew blessed me and I have tried to focus on the joyful things of pregnancy even when the first 7-10 weeks I was horribly sick. It was a fun trip with Drew's parents as always! So refreshing and we brought home some amazing apples for cheap and dehydrated them for treats :)
No comments:
Post a Comment