8.30.2009

Vikingsholm

For my birthday Drew and I went to Vikingsholm located in Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe with Julie and Bob. We had a wonderful time. I was so amazed at the lavish mansion built there (1929, Lora Knight) and the beautiful water so rightly named Emerald Bay. You can read about Vikingsholm here. I took a few pictures of our tour of the castle, but only of the outside. It was such a wonderful place to visit. We also hiked to Eagle Falls nearby and though the water was low it was beautiful. Lots of little furry creatures attended our adventure as well. After Vikingsholm we went to Chevy's in South Lake Tahoe and after the short hike out in the sun and of hours touring the vicinity we were all starving and parched. I've never had such an amazing birthday lunch for free! It was a very memorable and thoroughly breathtaking day! We spent the rest of the weekend in Gardnerville being spoiled with brownies, fudge, ice cream, coconut shrimp, and roast!


A view of Emerald Bay above Vikingsholm
Gorgeous woodwork and craftmanship




Eagle Falls

5 comments:

Allie said...

How fun! I want to live by you guys! You have too much fun without me and John!

I definitely meant to call you to wish you happy birthday! It was on my big calendar and everything. I'm sorry I forgot! I've been a little preoccupied lately. I'll give you a call later. Love you!

Savannah said...

CUTE hair! Love it! I texted you happy birthday... did you get it? I think I may have an old number for you! Anyway... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I thought about you several times throughout the day, I'm sorry we didn't get to talk! Your birthday was also Denali's 3 month birthday! haha! Looks like you had a great one! :)

Alycia said...

What a beautiful place! You did a great job with the pictures too, and I LOVE your hair!

-Sydney- said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Isaac and I went to Vikingsholm when we were in Tahoe on our honeymoon. That place was cool. We had the most excited and enthusiastic tour guide ever, which made it a very comical memory for me.

Gotta love Julie's cooking, ehh? I think Marj Brunson and the girls all have skillz in the kitchen.

Brian and Bobbie said...

What a fun Birthday! Brian and I took some pictures there in Feb before we left it was a little chili I'm sure it was so beautiful this time of year.
I have to tell you that I think about you every time I go walk these hills by our house, that was so fun the few times we did it. Remember when we had to run down the road when we ended up in that subdivision and it was almost dark,good times!