I've wanted to write a quick clarification and follow-up ever since my last post. Even as I was writing my post about nonsense I knew that it would be misinterpreted by some degree. I'm horrible and putting my feelings into words because I'm usually being thrown in a million different directions by my emotions, thoughts, and feelings. I'm sure that every woman can relate with me. Such is life when you're a girl. We're complex. Not to say men aren't, but I do have a strongly held belief that men think more in compartments and in simple, direct thoughts. First and foremost, I did not expect the kind of response I received from so many readers and I am so happy for what everyone said esp. the comment left by Jared and Drew. It's coincidental really that right before I wrote that post Drew and I had this huge discussion about that stage of life of Enduring to the End so thank you all!
So, let me just say that I believe that my last post I may have erroneously given the impression that I was unhappy. This was confirmed by my loving husband, Drew. Not that he was concerned because he knows me so well. On the contrary, let me clarify that I am extraordinarily happy in my life right now! I was quick to treat this blog as a journal and so I wrote with reckless abandon and maybe that was not smart of me. I still have a lot of things in life that I would still like to do and I am constantly trying to improve myself. As many of you have experienced first hand, I have a lot of flaws. I agree 100% that life is what you make of it at any stage and in any situation. As a friend of my MIL says, "Sometimes you have to bring your own fun!"
When I said that I don't want to live an unremarkable life I wasn't demeaning settling down and having children. Drew and I are looking forward with hope and excitement for the time when we can start are own little family of little Drewlees and little Christinas running around. However,I still pray for the courage to live out my dreams, fulfill my goals, be adventurous, shake things up a bit, and live an amazing life which I think that Drew and I are doing out best to do right now.
Which leads me to my next thought. I am so thankful for Drew right now because no matter how bad I am at conveying my feelings in writing to a random sea of readers I know that I can talk to Drew about anything and everything and he understands me so intimately. He is the best listener and the most profound teacher. His my greatest confidant and most of all my best friend. I just think it's amazing how easily he perceives my moods and feelings and seems to know exactly what to say or do to help me. Heavenly Father truly works through those we are most closely surrounded by. In this season of Thanksgiving I am most thankful for Drew and the strength he has been in my life. Marriage only seems to get sweeter as time progresses. Can it really get better than this? I have no doubt that it will...
"You love me for no other end Than to become my confidant and friend; As such I keep no secret from your sight." ~Dryden.
P.S. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! So what are you most thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment