1.) Drew and I just returned from Austin, TX for a three day business trip for training. I've got to say that I'm a bit overwhelmed, but Drew is excited and ready to hit the ground running. We don't know exactly when we will start reviewing because applications are still being submitted. Over the three days at training we clocked in 80 hours between the both of us, but that includes travel time. Tuesday was an exceptionally long day because we worked a 12 hour day. I would have to say that Wednesday was the most exciting however since we went downtown where the capital was. We had our training that day in the Texas Department of Agriculture building and right next to it was the state museum where we had lunch at a nice cafe. On an important side note... the more I interact with CNResource the more I discover these "nice to know" facts. For example, Drew and I had anticipated to be in Houston for the summer, but at the training we were introduced as "the floaters". Ok.... thanks for letting us know. Which means we have no idea the exact location we will be other than just Texas (which is a huge expanse of places we could be.) It also means that we will be traveling a lot to many different places. Fun, but also very exhausting and hard. In a way it's nice because Houston may be too humid for me. Then... as we are riding in the rental car back to Austin we find out that we will only be traveling together 90% of the time which had never been previously noted to us before... again, good to know.
I would have to admit that after being in Austin I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like it there and the humidity as well. The city is way too busy and crowded, but it is nice, green, and beautiful. I couldn't help but think to myself that I wouldn't mind living there at all!
2.) The day we returned from Texas we arrived home at 1am (3am Texas time) and we so exhausted that we slept in most of Thursday. When we got up we decided to be productive. I guess this was an good as any time to make my move to Nevada official. Which means that, sad to say, I do not have a Colorado drivers license anymore. Gasp!! I have been very diligent not to get a license in Utah so that I would never be tagged a "Utahn", but it was inevitable that I would have to turn over my Colorado driver's license eventually. I keep looking at my Nevada state driver's license and just kinda sigh and get sorta teary. No not really, but I am very disappointed. Oh, and the DMV here is a million times better than Colorado. Get this, we drive up to the DMV and walk in a not a single person was in there... unheard of! In Ft. Collins I arrived at 8am and didn't get my number called until 4:30 pm!! Since I was under 25 yrs old I had to take a written driving test. I was really surprised and then the thought popped in my head 'what if I fail?' To my surprise, I passed.... and I say "to my surprise" because I nearly failed. There were some really technical questions and some really dumb questions that I missed! For example, I had no idea how many demerits you can receive within a 12 month period, and how many times you can go to traffic school to clear demerits in a 12 month period. I sure am glad that I passed because I would have been so embarrassed!
3.) I took Drew to get surgery on his eye. Although the procedure only took a total of 15 minutes... I had to wait in the lobby for 2 hours! It was worth it though because poor Drew couldn't have drove himself home in his condition. As we were leaving the parking lot his eye started bleeding again covering his whole eye in blood and it really freaked me out. It stopped though and he was fine. I was mad though cause I really wanted to watch the operation! The cyst is caused by a clogged oil secreting gland in the eye and I guess when they took it out the assistant described it as a big white ball of grease! Man! I wish I could have seen that procedure!
Fun times!
2 comments:
Oh man!!! I had no idea you would be in Texas! We live in Houston and LOVE it!!! Last summer there were only a handful of days that I just stayed inside all day because of the heat and humidity. I think it's one of those Texan exaggerations. ;) It's not so bad! Let us know if you DO end up here! That would be fun!
Post a Comment