5.01.2008

Graduation & Relocation



It feels so surreal that graduation was last Friday! It went by so fast and now I am so relieved. My mom came down for graduation and she even bought me this wonderful bouquet of flowers! I didn't think graduation would be so fun, but it was great and went by so fast!! After graduation my mom took us out to dinner at Chili's with my grandma and my aunt. Afterwards we were able to tour the new Gordon B. Hinckley Building. I've never been in to look around, but it was beautiful of course. On Saturday we started packing up everything! My mom was such a lifesaver and she was able to help me almost get the whole kitchen packed up. Over Saturday and Sunday we were able to box up all the major stuff in time to pick up our moving truck on Monday morning. Our neighbor, J.P. , was so helpful and he helped Drew and I pack up all the couches, the bed, and furniture plus all the boxes. With his help it only took up about an hour and a half to pack up everything that we had prepared. For the rest of the day we cleaned and packed up all the odds and ends. Our plan was to leave on Tuesday morning, but severe winds over Nevada prevented us from leaving. Since we had packed and cleaned everything we had nothing to do really. We didn't even have any food leftover, we had used it all up for our BBQ with our neighbors Monday night. In the end, it was so nice to leave one day later because we could just relax and enjoy our last day in Provo. We slept in (on the floor with our mattress pad that is), ran some errands, hiked up Rock Canyon, ate out for lunch and dinner, and started the series Heroes! Now we are completely hooked on the TV series. We are still in the middle of watching Season 1, but it's so addicting!
On Wednesday we got up early and got ready to leave at 8am. It had been really hard to leave Provo because it's been so good to us and we have so many friends there. However, we are very excited to explore a new city and we're excited to start this new chapter in our lives too. After a grueling 10 hour drive to Nevada with the moving truck we finally made it. I've really become accustomed to Drew driving everywhere so it was interesting having to drive the whole way with both Jinxy and Sake trying to sleep on my lap. We had to stop several times to refuel the truck because it only gets 9 miles to the gallon! We arrived in Gardnerville around 5:30 or 6:00pm and Drew's parents and grandparents came out to greet us and help us unload the truck. Now everything that we own is in his parents garage. We'll be living in Gardnerville temporarily until we go out to Houston for out internship then come back and live here until we find an apartment in Reno in time for Drew to start school. Today we have been running more errands and arranging our things. It was especially liberating today when I went to the public library to check out a bunch of books! Yes... reading for leisure finally. I checked out 4 books and Drew had to drag me out. I made a whole list of books in my head of things I still need to read! As I was walking out of the library with books in hand and a huge smile I had to say, maybe I should become a librarian! I miss working at the library and I miss being surrounded with books all the time. There's so much to learn and read! We are definitely enjoying our freedom and all the comforts of home. Drew's mom made us lasagna last night and Drew's grandma made us waffles with strawberries and bacon this morning. It was so wonderful to have a home cooked meal! We are so wonderfully spoiled here!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Glad yal made it okay! How long will you be in Houston for? We'll be there mid-August. That's where Jon is from and after our internship in Arkansas we'll be hanging out there. It's a great place.

Alycia said...

Congratulations Christina! You are so beautiful! I'm glad you're move went fairly well and everything is working out for you. :)

nicole said...

Andrew Hines....Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you since you left the 4th ward in San Bernardino. This is Nicole Ewell by the way. Glad to see you are doing good.

Lynette said...

Wow, you guys have a ton going on! I'm glad that you guys were able to get everything packed (and get the heck out of provo lol). I feel bad that we weren't there to help you. I hate packing...blah. Well, congrats on graduating! That is so exciting!

Morgan said...

I linked you on my blog. :)

We miss you guys and are sad we didn't get to go shooting one last time. . .hopefully we'll still be able to play sometime.

Allie said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys got to finally get out of Provo. Now your real life can begin :) I do miss you though