Asher is potty trained! I am so proud and at the same time I can't really believe it. He is growing up so fast. He's been stubborn about going potty in the past, but this time really stuck. For the first 1 1/2 weeks he mainly just went pee pee in the potty. This was easiest to start, but he would not go poop. It took a little longer, but then he just started doing it on his own. He started wearing big boy underwear the first week in January, wearing big kid underwear, started preschool, and gave up his pacifier all in the same week. It was rough. Daycare is at TMCC since I had to take a accelerated class for Wintermester. Thankfully that class was only 3 weeks long and it's over! Still, it's nice to have daycare on campus (or rather Preschool and daycare on campus). The good news is that he is now completely potty trained!
Reese did not take well to daycare and had a very very very hard adjustment. Again, thankfully that class is over and the kids don't have to go to school with me and be in daycare from 11:45-3:45pm everyday. This time was especially brutal on Reese since it was right in the middle of naptime or rather he still needs two naps some days and going to daycare forced him on a different schedule and sometimes he would only get one 1/2 hr nap for the whole day. The good news is that he is walking! And he's been LOVING his new skill for the past two weeks now. He used to love to walk with my help, but still needed my hand. Now he won't even let me hold his hand! He is so independent. So, walking at 16months.... even though he took his first steps back in October, it just took longer than we were imagining, but its great!
Reese is now 17 months, has 4 teeth with one more breaking through on his upper left of the front tooth. He is still waking up two times a night to nurse and nurses a few times in the day. I honestly have never breastfed this long, but it doesn't seem like he has any intentions on stopping anytime soon. He is very very clingy and attached to mommy, but getting a tiny better at goodbyes. He also picks up on things so fast! The other night he was taking pictures of us, then handing the camera to us and walking ten steps off turning around and giving a huge cheesy smile and saying "chees". So cute! He is so smart, he sees something once and mimics! He is also saying "moo", "ma-ma", "da-da", "hot" "cheese", and trying to say "bless you", "thank you", "Asher".
As for me, I am currently applying to the Dental Hygiene Program at TMCC. It's based on a point system and my points are excellent so I don't see any barriers with me getting in. I feel like I shouldn't be cocky because anything could happen, but based on rankings I should be one of the highest if not the absolute highest! In addition to working at Aland Family Dentistry still, I picked up a few other jobs. I clean the office on the weekends and then I am working in the Biology Prep lab this semester. I was going to IA, but I eventually had to turn that position down because of the time commitment. Also, I was asked to be a Lab Instructor for a Nutrition 121 course at TMCC, but that class section got canceled since only a few students were signed up for it! I'm a little sad, but I've got so many things on my plate that I'm not too bummed about it. It would have been nerve wracking and exciting at the same time.
Drew is still working at the Northern NV Adult Mental Health Facility or NNAMHS, "nams" for short. He loves who he works with and I absolutely love his boss. She is amazing and the best boss I've ever heard of. However, sadly, she may be leaving soon. I am not sure if Drew will stay at NNAMHS or transfer horizontally into a different position. Since he works for the state he has his foot in the door now. Drew is still in the Young Men's program and I am working with Young Women's so we can't always go to every activity since someone needs to be home with kids. Every now and then I bring them along anyways though.
Overall, compared to one year ago when Drew was unemployed we are definitely thriving although I still feel like we are poor beyond poor and part of that is my fault of course since I am going back to school now I drain so much of our income to tuition... and I can't qualify for any aid at this point. Like I said though, excellent improvement from last year and everything is looking really bright for the future :)

2 comments:
Love to catch up on what you're up to! I'm excited to hear if you get into the program!
Whew! Seems like so much is on your plate. I was just released from YW though I'm still Camp Director.
Post a Comment