7.03.2013

Ultrasound: Baby Boy Hines #2

I could hardly wait for the gender reveal ultrasound early April! Best appointment of the entire pregnancy- filled with so much anticipation and excitement! I love it :) Drew and I had both had some pretty strong promptings that this baby was a boy, but we knew there might be a slight chance it could be a girl. Drew said he "just knew" it was going to be a boy. For me it was only a few weeks before this appointment I was out taking Asher for a walk and I was stressing about the gender, I was praying to Heavenly Father to envision the spirit of this baby waiting to join our family and to know how this spirit was going to fit with our family... and I can still remember the feeling of absolute peace wash over me and the overwhelming impression that this baby would be a boy. So it was no surprise at the ultrasound when we saw the gender reveal image on the screen, without a doubt, it was boy! I was so excited during the whole thing and so impressed with the Fetal Imaging Center. Last pregnancy we went to the imaging center in the hospital and it was pretty dull. This visit was at a specialist's office and everything was made very special... and for the first time we were offered a DVD of the entire ultrasound and a CD of images :) I know this is standard at a lot of other places my friends have gone too, but this is the first time I've had the option of getting those, so of course I jumped all over them. What a sweet, sweet memento. Afterwards we went home and shared the news with Grandma and Grandpa Hines who were watching Asher (who napped the whole time)! I am very thankful for them for watching Asher so Drew and I could go together :) They were excited it was a boy and Julie knew it was going to be a boy too. I hope we at least have one girl down the road though! But at this time we are just taking one step at a time and we might be done or we might have more children at this point. I feel that our family needs to be bigger and Drew might be on the same page, but we'll just have to see when we get there what the Lord has in store for our family. Here's a little peek into the amazing miracle of life. I still am amazed at how much development has already taken place by week 20! It's amazing.




Look at that bicep!



No comments: