I wrote this post back in October when Asher was 5 months old.
"Children is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Anderson
Asher 5 months: journal notes
~Our little guy is not so little anymore. He is a big boy! Ok... literally he is huge!18 lbs 4oz. (still at 90th percentile I believe!)
~We moved to a new apartment and has his own room and has a real crib for the first time!
~ Wearing 6-9 month clothes but fast approaching 9-12 month clothes.
~Nicknames include: Ashe, Moose, Rollie Pollie, Hambone, Butterball Turkey, Dooly!
~ Favorite Toys: Mr. Crabman and Keys
~ Eating approx. every 3hrs.(No longer will let mommy eat without him in her lap)
~Bed around 7pm and gets up around 7am w/ a feeding around 11pm and 4am. Naps about 30-45 min between 9-10am, 12-1pm and then later around 3 or 4pm.
~ Loves to play with his feet! New discovery! Lays with feet in the air all the time.
~ Constantly chews on his left index finger and thumb together at the same time.
~As you can imagine this is one sturdy guy-must take a lot a muscle to suport all those rolls. He loves sitting up and sitting in his jumaproo and practically leaps out of my arms to get into it. Always trying to sit up on his own to look around :)
~Uses "baby power" (staring intensely and reaching to let you know he wants something)
~ Started rolling at 20 weeks (4 1/2 months)
~DROOLING like a faucet... he is going through several outfits a day.
~Just recently found a fascination with my hair and trying to eat it, but mostly just playing with it. When ever I twirl my hair or Drew plays with my hair he stops everything he's doing to watch.
~Laughs out loud a lot more- SO social. Squeals and laughs at almost at provocation!
~Loves getting a diaper change and always has!
~ Loves the itsy bitsy spider song :)
I truly love this stage in life. I have heard lots of people describe their favorite ages. For me the first 4 months were really hard, but I am truly loving every minute now that Asher is 5 months old. He is past colic (yes he did have colic by the official definition) and past the worst of sleep training and is active and happy and social. Also, Asher is hitting so many fun milestones its so fun to watch him progress and take in the world around him!
P.S. I have officially lost all the baby weight. According to my doctors numbers I lost all of my baby weight at 4 months, but within the last month I am truly to my beginning weight. I'm able to wear all of my old clothes and jeans again! Yipee! Some ask me if I've been doing anything and honestly I did walk a lot in the beginning but all I have to do is hold up Asher and say, "Look!". Nursing and caring for an 18 lb 5 month old is like taking care of a tank baby and it is back breaking work not to mention that he nurses a ton! So there it is. Nursing is magical in respect to weight gain for some and for others nursing doesn't work, but I am happy that I am in the first category! It's been fabulous! I can't ever seem to drink enough fluids! It's hard to imagine that nursing requires more energy (500 kcal additional) than being pregnant although it seems like I ate a ton more while I was pregnant!

1 comment:
Thanks for the update. He is a big guy! Carter weighs about the same...but he's 10.5 months!
Post a Comment