6.29.2009

Our First Piano!!

Lately I've been searching Craigslist a lot. I search for just about anything mostly apartments for rent, books, a road bike, and on occasion I look for musical instruments. So the other day I found a Suzuki Electric Piano listed for $250. I called the guy selling it and Drew and I jumped in the car and drove out to Verdi to look at it. It's was in pristine condition, weighted keys, pedals and beautiful dark wood. After some effort of trying to see if it would fit in our trailblazer we loaded it up and bought it on the spot. It was a steal in my eyes and we just couldn't pass up this great deal! My original plan was to save up for an electric piano from Costco, but this turned out to be much cheaper. Not that we have the money lying around, but we just couldn't pass it up. Drew has gaming systems and guns so he thought I should have my own toy. Honestly though his Wii was just as expensive as my piano and I'll get way more use out of it. The nice thing about an electric piano is that it doesn't need to be tuned after moving and significantly easier to move as well. The downside is that we live on the 3rd floor so getting it up here was awful. Drew asked his home teaching partner come help so we made it, but Drew refuses to move into another apartment after this because he doesn't want to move all the things we've brought up here. I'm very excited for our new piano and I think about going home everyday just to play it. Craigslist is amazing.

6 comments:

Savannah said...

Wow! That's awesome congrats! Adam's parents have an antique upright with our name on it at their house in Arkansas, but who knows when/how we'll actually get it here! And of course there's the small fact that neither of us play. But I'm dying to learn!
I like the idea of you guys having your own separate toys. Adam has his "toys" too. I think I need to start campaigning for something of my own!

Watts Family said...

Very exciting...my poor piano is sitting in storage...and you're right it was a pain to move. Hope you guys are doing great. We'll have to get together sometime when Chad gets back in 6 weeks :) Take care!

Alene said...

Congrats! Love craig's list (and KSL.com in Utah). Have fun with it.

Zyzmog said...

That's terrific! I can't imagine having a home without a piano. It's even more vital than a TV, to me. (Other people may disagree...) A house just feels like home when someone's sitting at the piano, playing anything. The music weaves its way into your mind like the sound of waves on the seashore, reassuring you that no matter what's going on in your life, everything's going to be okay.

Allie said...

Yay! Congrats! Don't you love steals on Craigslist? John and I found an entertainment center for our living room there today for only $120. We were very excited!

KB said...

Nice find! I'm very excited for you -it's a gorgeous piano :P I love Craigslist too.