4.09.2009

On the Fly

This week has been refreshingly great. Listening to Conference over the weekend was fun and relaxing and motivational. Then on Monday Drew and I went out and took advantage of the good weather here. Drew got out his new fly rod and we went down to the Truckee River. Drew fished while I hit the trail and put in a good run. It took me a really long time to get my stride, but once I did, it felt great. I had dressed up in pants and long sleeves, but my the end I had peeled off my pants and long sleeve shirt and was wearing them around my waist because it was so hot! After I was done I went and picked up Drew in the river. The outing was a healthy and fun compromise... Drew got to go fishing and I got to run yet we arrived together and left together so it felt we did it together. We both got to do what we love and Drew didn't have to drag me fishing and I didn't have to force Drew to go running. Yea! Last week we went down to Verdi and Drew went fishing on the river again and I took a chair and read a good book. I've decided that I like going on these fishing trips a bit more when I do what I want to do and let Drew go off and do his own thing. Not that I don't like to fish.... I enjoy it, but I would rather go running or read usually.

Easter is this Sunday and I can't wait! I love Easter and today I bought a big pack of eggs in preparation to dye Easter Eggs. Eggs are fun to dye, but it looks like it will be up to me to eat all the leftovers. Drew informed me today that he hates hard-boiled eggs. Sad day! Oh well! I sure hope it keeps getting warmer so Drew and I can spend more time outside!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

That's awesome. I'm sure it's gorgeous where you guys are. You should take some pictures next time you guys go fishing so we can see what it is like there!

I haven't really been into decorating eggs for Easter, but you've inspired me to at least try decorating eggs. Too bad Jared is the only one that likes hard boiled eggs.