3.06.2009

Happy Friday

I've been putting off posting anything for awhile. Mainly I haven't had any motivation lately, but Drew is out fishing today so now is as good a time as any to do a little update. In Nevada the fishing licenses are a little different...mainly the license is good from March 1 to March 1 whereas you can buy a license in Utah anytime and it will be good for a year. Needless to say Drew has wanted to go fishing for a really long time esp. since it's been such a nice winter, but it was pretty worthless to get a license for just a month or so.

In good news, I got a raise last month. I was so excited and to make things better my benefits started as of Feb 1. But Drew's benefits started too and even though I get benefits if we want benefits for Drew we need to pay for him to be added to the policy. So even though I'm making more than ever I'm also not getting any more money since the health insurance is automatically deducted from my paycheck. I know it's worth it though. I don't have to worry about Drew getting hurt in his softball games or when he's out because I know that we're covered. It's worth it because it gives me peace of mind.

Also, lately Drew and I have been looking into a few gym membership possibilities. Technically our complex has facility, but it's not what you're thinking, it's tiny and very run down. I mainly want to take some exercise classes. We get a discount at 24hour fitness because of where we live, but it's still so expensive and so crowded all the time. So UNR has the Lombardi center which has a pool, machines, a climbing wall, and raquetball courts and it would be perfect because it's cheap. So I called the center to learn about Drew getting a pass for me since I'm his spouse. So everythings great and I'm thinking we've finally found our solution, and then this student on the other phone tells me that if Drew gets me a family pass then I can only go work out during "family hours" which is only on Fridays from 4pm to close, Saturdays, and Sundays... what? That totally doesn't make sense to me! Apparently this is because that's when it's the slowest at the UNR recreation facilities so that's when I've allowed there. Who wants to pay for a pass just so you can work out only on the weekends? Why can't I workout M-Th!! It makes me so mad because at BYU spouses can get passes for free and they can go whenever they want! It's just goes to show how NON Student-friendly UNR is!! BYU is so much bigger, prettier, and easier to work with. Stupid UNR. To tell you the truth I like UNR a lot and I think it's pretty although not half as big as BYU or as pretty (but BYU is a private school so it's obvious why they would have more money) but I'm just venting cause I'm mad at UNR right now and there's lot of reasons that I wish we stayed at BYU for Drew's Masters Degree. Oh well... we'll have to figure something else out. I can't wait for summer when we can get out and be active outside!

On a side note... I think Drew and I are finally getting to the point where we are getting close to being ready for kids. Each day we're getting a little more excited and a little more prepared (mentally, I mean). Drew and I have also picked out two names for a boy and a girl. One name in particular we have felt especially strong about. I think that even if one of my sisters named a child this name I would still use it. That's how much I like it. It's strange cause for the first time when I watch kids I don't cringe, but rather get excited and that's a HUGE step for me. We're starting to get excited and I'd say that we're almost there, but it would probrably be another year before we get real serious about it.

5 comments:

Allie said...

YAY KIDS!!! I wanna be Auntie Allie... :D

-Sydney- said...

Hi, I'm stalking you through Allison's blog :) Fun to hear what you've been up to.

Sydney Wait

Brian and Bobbie said...

That's awesome you got a raise and benefits! Talking about having kids that's cool, I think were getting there also!

Lynette said...

Hurray for a raise! That always makes people happy...especially with how the economy is.

I would be so frustrated with the gym options as well. I know I'm not avid about exercizing but I still like to exercise a lot and I would be so frustrated too! At least spring is coming up soon!

I'm so excited for you guys to start thinking about kids. They are so worth it!!! (and I say this after having a couple weeks of rough nights with B :))

Lynette said...

P.S. Kids will make you laugh every day. :D