10.16.2008

In G-ville once again

I have finally discovered Chevy's... delicious. First, Drew insisted that we stop by to buy some of their salsa. After we completely consumed all of it we decided to go there on our date night awhile ago. Today, Drew's dad took us there again after we went to the new Scheel's superstore in Sparks. Thanks Bob for the wonderful day! The best part of my meal today was the Mango Lemonade with a lime wedge. It was to die for! I highly recommend it!


Drew had two midterms this week which went very well. He reported that both tests were easy (it seems that UNR graduate school is loads easier than BYU undergrad). I am thankful for a school that prepares it's students well and though it was hard, I wouldn't have it any other way. Yesterday, after Drew finished his test his professor let everyone out early.

We decided to go down to Gardnerville to visit Drew's aunt Connie, cousin Luke and his family who were visiting and spend the night at his parents house. We all met up for dinner at the Casino Fandango which is his grandparents favorite place to eat. Luke and his wife, Lisa have four children. Three boys and one girl, Ethan, Dallin, McKay, and Abby. Drew and I agree that they are the most well-behaved, smart, and inqusitive children we have ever met! They are darn cute too. It was so funny because after the kids were done eating they started to roam around the table and McKay comes up behind Drew and says, "Andwew, Andwew...." while tapping him on the shoulder with a straw. Drew turns to him and says " What?" then McKay starts stroking Drew's goatee with the end of his straw and says, "I'm going to shave your beard!" It was so darn cute! It made me laugh so hard. The boys all loved to talk to Drew and hang off his arms. Drew thinks they are deifinitely a motivator to have kids. You know how sometimes you spend time with someone else's kids and you can't stop thinking about how much you don't ever want to have kids? Luke and Lisa have done and great job by setting an example or at least setting up an example for others to actually have kids. Thanks :)

Gardnerville was wonderful and we were even able to watch the BYU football game at a friends house down the street with a home theatre system. It was so nice, but the game was absolutely painful to watch! TCU won 32-7! It seemed like everything was going wrong for BYU and everything was connecting for TCU!

TEAM
1234T

00707

1499032

3 comments:

Alycia said...

That mexican restaurant sounds so good. I wish there was good mexican around here!

Alene said...

They used to have one in Provo, but it went out of business...I really miss fresh Mex.
10 things to change the world tag.

stolworthy said...

I unfortunately had a bad experience at Chevy's several years so I haven't gone back. While reading your blog I had to think that my kids probably would make you never want to have kids, but you should also know that it's part of your gene pool--good luck! :)