8.14.2008

Paint

Today we moved a majority of our boxes into our new apartment and started painting. We decided to paint our office nook a darker beige in a rather unattractive color name "brown bag" and painted two of the other living room walls in "ivory sampler". It was fun to paint and I couldn't be happier with the colors we choose. We debated, choose our colors, and stuck with it (trying not to second guess ourselves), and it paid off!

I love it.

We couldn't have picked better colors.

Everyone loves it.

Tomorrow, we are moving the rest of our furniture into our new apartment at which we will be mostly moved in. The missionaries are meeting us at our apartment to help. The local missionaries set it up and I thought that was really nice. A couple in Drew's ward just gave us a free 36'' TV and it is SO heavy. Yes, we are very blessed and our friends and family have been so generous. We are very lucky and always well taken care of. Thanks all! We love you!

P.S. I was just thinking today and it hit me... I love how we are moving somewhere just 1 hour away from Drew's parents and grandparents because it feels more familiar. It's also nice because we aren't alone in a new city that we know nothing about. Just today Drew's dad was telling us about the Hot Air Balloon Races in September and the Camel Races. We will difinately go see the Balloon Races in Reno because it's the second largest balloon race. Another event I can't wait to see is the Salmon Run! Reno is large and has plenty of interesting things to do, but is not too far from trails and the mountains. I'm excited to get settled into our new apartment.

1 comment:

stolworthy said...

Christina,

We happened to be painting the same exact day. Geez, it must be that hot August air. We painted our kitchen and overflow (there's a room across from our kitchen as well) a very bold red! We just love it. I glad that your color worked out.

Have a happy birthday this week!

Erika