7.18.2008

Almost Done

On Monday we are finally going HOME! I am so excited and overjoyed. I never thought this day would come! I am most excited to see our cats, sleep on a nice pillow, relax, watch movies, see family, and get settled in our new apartment!

This last week of work we have been auditing the City of Houston Parks and Recreation Department. They have over 400 sites in operation which means we have to visit at least 10% of that. In all that means 43 sites between me, Drew, and one other reviewer. The hard thing is that the sponsor is sort of flustered with so many sites and they weren't ready with all of their documentation for us to look at. I will be so relieved to finish this sponsor.

There ARE several things that I wish we still could have seen in Houston, but Drew and I are SO excited to get out of Houston nonetheless! One of things on my to do list was to visit the Houston Temple, but it is currently under maintenance so it is closed! I was so disappointed we couldn't go through the temple, but we were still able to walk around the grounds. It is so beautiful




On the Fourth of July we celebrating by eating at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and then went and watched the fireworks downtown. They had a lot of festivities, but it was so overcrowded and overpriced to get into the park. The Fourth of July is absolutely my favorite holiday (even over Christmas). It really doesn't get any better than this, but it was definitely a disappointment this year because we weren't with family! Here are a few Fourth of July pics in Houston.




One more day of work! This weekend we plan to go down to the museum district and visit the Museum of Natural Science or the Health Museum... we haven't decided yet.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I know how you feel...well, sort of. I missed being up in I.F. for the 4th. That's exciting tha tyou'll get to go home now. I'm sure your kitties miss ya!