4.06.2008

Marco says "Oh no, poor kittty!!"

If you haven't seen our little Sake lately, well , it's quite a funny sight. Drew and I aren't quite sure what happened, but we have a few theories. Earlier this week I was sitting on the couch and it smelt abnormally bad. I was looking around and I spotted sake sitting on the ground and her bum and one side of her hind leg and tail were all brown (she's normally cream and grey). At first, I was so disgusted, I thought it was poo or something like that so I asked Drew- what's that on Sake? We were both walking towards her very interested to see and she seemed to know we wanted to investigate so she went into the lower kitty condo apartment and we had to spend at least five minutes coaxing her out! Maybe she was ashamed... once she came out I picked her up and started smelling her. Whatever it was we confirmed it was NOT poo. As I started to put my fingers through her hair and inspect her... I realized that this was singed hair. Somehow Sake had burnt her fur! Drew and I were so mystified! Leave it up to Sake to do something like this.... sometimes she is so dense. We were laughing at her and at the same time try to postulate what happened. There are two theories 1.) we think while I was boiling water she could have jumped up on the stove while I was out of the room briefly and burnt her fur on the hot coils cause it smelled bad in there too OR 2.) she could have fallen asleep real close to one of the electric heaters and woken up just in time to find her fur all singed! I don't know!

We couldn't stop laughing at her and after a while she was unbearable to hold or sit next to cause she smelt so bad. We decided the fur had to go and proceeded to get the buzzer and scissors out. Yes, we buzzed her hind leg and the middle portion of her tail to get all the singed fur off. So now she smells much better and is much more funny to look at too. She looks like she's got this crooked tail and trimmed bum!

She's such a good cat though, she sleeps with us each night and when we were working on her with the buzzer she didn't even mind like she enjoyed being doctored. Oh, poor kitty!

(I will have to post some pics later for you)

No comments: