
First of all, I have to report that Allison, Drew's sister, ended up winning DanceSport! It was so amazing and we were all so excited to see her win out of all of those couples! In other news Drew received two letters yesterday, one from the University of Denver, and one from the University of Nevada, Reno. Turns out that both schools want him! DU even offered Drew a scholarship because they felt that he was "one of the select few" that they thought would make a positive impact. Cool... however because DU is a private school and costs somewhere around $30,000 to go there the scholarship really doesn't help or even make a dent in tuition. On the other hand we have been praying that Drew would get into UNR. When I got the mail the letter from UNR was really thin and I prepared for another rejection letter, but he got accepted! The only bad thing is that they told him he needs to attend a mandatory orientation meeting on April 3rd which is just a few weeks away. The orientation only lasts for one hour, but he has to fly out there AGAIN to go to it. I really think it is unfair because I am sure that an orientation meeting that only lasts one hour is hardly worth flying out to Nevada once again. Drew and I are so excited to go to UNR though because it really fits for us! UNR has an awesome Dietetic Internship program that I will be applying to in September! It's emphasis is in Nutrition Therapy. We are so excited that we can actually make real plans now! We are moving out of our current apartment on April 30th and we will take all of our things to Drew's parents house in Nevada. We'll stay there two weeks then fly out to Houston, TX for our internship with CNResource as child nutrition program auditors. After that ends sometime in July we will live with Drew's parents for awhile until we find some place to live in Reno or Sparks! I have already begun looking for some jobs in the area and I even found this great job listing for a Health Inspector. We are so happy because everything in our lives is finally falling into place and now we can start making solid plans for the future!
3 comments:
Congrats on UNR! Very exciting. I'm going to UMR for my Masters degree in Systems Engineering. UNR, UMR, Close enough. (-:
I saw a goal of hiking the Grand Canyon. I worked with a guy (that retired last wee) that's done the rim-to-rim five times! I'm hoping to at least go and see the thing the next time I'm in Phoenix on business. - Gabraham
retired last week.... whether or not he wee wee'd before leaving I don't know....g
sorry about that...
Post a Comment